We are always taking things for granted like we own it. We act like it’s our property and don’t appreciate it but, what we don’t know is that it can easily be taken away from us. And when that happens we will be left alone with nothing and we will feel great regret for not appreciating what we had and not trying to make the most of it.
we take a lot of things for granted but the top 3 things we take for granted are Money, family and health and for each one of these things i have a story that taught me not to take any of these things for granted.
A year ago my best friend and her family lost most of their money and her home. Just like that after having a beautiful home and a big factory. They were left with no home, no money and a non-working factory. You can imagine how difficult it was for them and having to live in friends home. This teached me how to never take my family’s money and my home for granted and to appreciate that money and know a lot of people are not lucky enough to have it. The money i spend in a month can be pretty enough to solve some of people problems. I am not a spoiled brat i swear but a little amount for me or for you can be huge for someone else. It teached me to stop spending my money on unimportant things and to appreciate how hard my dad works to bring us this money, I haven’t actually went real shopping in 3 month and anyone who know’s me know’s i am a shopaholic. So, appreciate the money you have and spend it wisely in order not to wish one day you did.
Recently my other best friend parents are filing for a divorce. I can never imagine what she is going there. Having been in that situation but thank god my parents backed down and made up truley opened my eye’s about that issue and how badly it can affect you. I never ever thought aboout my parents getting a divorce or splitting up. It never crossed my mind so, i never really understood how horrible it is and how again not to take a happy family for granted. If you’re parents love and understand each other be grateful for that and appreciate it because some people wish for it, They pray all the time for it. So, dont take your family for granted and wish they always stay together and happy.
Don’t worry this will not be another best friend story. This is my brother’s story. So, ever since my brother was a kid he suffered from a big health problem and for a while the medicine wasn’t even available but, thank god it is now. So, as long as he takes his medicine hopefully everything so going to be fine but sometimes it doesn’t. So, appreciate it your body and how great it works, appreciate it your beating heart and appreciate your life.
So, moral of all these stories is to not take anything for granted and to appreciate what you have. And if you’ve been through any similar situation i wish you the best and i hope you learned for it. Understand that i am not telling you this to gain your compassion or sympathy. I just want you to learn and be grateful. I will see you all next time, Byeeeeee 🙂
Hi, young salwa. I am you and i won’t ask you ”How you are doing?” because i know. I know everything. I Know you are struggling right now but don’t be too upset because, everything that is happening now to you all this sadness, all these tears and all this pain is what made you who you are today. It surprisingly made you stronger. I remember how you used to think what a stupid phrase ” what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger ” was but, it turned out to be so true salwa. And another thing that is so true is that life comes in seasons and that you will never be sad for too long. You are actually happy now. I mean you still have bad days a lot but overall you’re happy and life is great. I know it’s a shock for you. You never thought you would be happy again but life surprised you. And i am really glad you didn’t give and i know how bad you wanted to sometimes.But thank you for not giving up because, life is beautiful and there’s tons in it you haven’t found out yet and you will keep discovering how beautiful it is until the day you die. Did you know that you became a writer? Who would have thought you salwa adly could write. I mean i had no idea. And you made a blog too. See things are working out pretty good. well, the blog isn’t that big at all and i barely have likes or followers but i promise you i won’t give up just like i did before because i am sure things will work out at the end. You finally know now what you wanna do and major in college. I Know you had such a hard time deciding and looking at different majors but i think you picked the right choice.your friend Dana left school. I Knew you were so upset about it but things are fine now and actually you friendship became better and you became closer. Also your childhood best friend lara returned to your school and you guys became closer than ever. You went to the philippines and you had so much fun there. Gossip girl is still one of your favorite shows, friends as well but sadly glee isn’t anymore. I Know you are so surprised right now because how much i used to love it but trust me it isn’t the same anymore and ever since cory monteith died i stopped watching it. Omg i forgot you don’t know he died but sadly he did. you will cry a lot but you will forget about it a little later. You know what is one of your favorite shows now. You will never guess it. The vampire Diares. I Know I Know you never liked it or even understood it but trust me it’s such an amazing show. You will fall in love with it. I think that’s pretty much all what changed. I have to go now but i hope to see you again. Bye salwa and i wish you the best. May the odds be forever in your favor 🙂
I Would also really love to hear what you guy’s would say to your younger self’s or any advice you have for them because it’s really interesting to know and it may help someone out there who is struggling with a problem you once had. So, feel free to write anything or any advice you have in the comments below. Thank you and i love you so much 🙂
I’ve been living with this mantra lately and i can tell it had a good impact on my life. The mantra is ” Life is too short to ………”. I fill these spaces with basically anything in my life. In every situation i use this mantra . Because yess life is too short. Its too short to miss on being really really happy. Its too short to stay mad at the one’s you love. Its too short to not chase your dreams. Its too short to not make these dreams come true. Its too short to not speak your mind and finally its too short to miss it out. So, always smile, always be happy, always dream , dream until the dream come true.
Hi,guys and welcome back to my blog . Today i am gonna tell you guys all about my month. I really love posting this kind of posts and i hope you guys do as well and lets get right into it .
What i’ve been doing ;
- Back to school : This month i returned back to school after my mid year vacation which only lasted for 2 months .But its okay as it was really needed. School now isn’t that bad and i am really enjoying spending time there with my friends as school is almost over for me.So, I am trying to make the most of my school days and that’s what i recommend everyone to do.
- Went to cairo book fair : This month was really exciting for me as i got to go to cairo international book fair which is only held once a year. It was my first time going and it was so much fun . I got 7 books for such a cheaper price which again is just perfect as i really enjoy reading and sometimes books can get a little pricey. I got 5 english books which are : Eleanor and park, the book thief,looking for alaska, the book of life, adultery .if you guys read any of these books i would love to hear you guy’s opinion on them.
- Friends tv show
- Note books
My happy moments:
- Art’s arts reply: one day, i was feeling really down and i was crying in my bed . I didn’t feel like doing anything that day until while i was crying i checked my blog where i found a reply on community pool for my feedback on Art’s arts blog ( Which is a wonderful blog btw) . In that comment she thanked me for my feedback and told me how she also really enjoyed reading my blog ” your blog is great, inspirational and well written” she wrote and she quoted one of my phrases in one of posts. It was ” MAKE THE REST OF YOUR LIFE THE BEST OF YOUR LIFE ”. Her comment really made my day and reminded me of who i am and my words. And how i aim to help others so i should stop weeping and start helping myself. so, i can really help others. After reading that comment i stopped crying, opened my laptop and started writing . So, a huge thank you to Art’s arts. I love you.
- Secret valentine: this year me and my friends decided to do a SECRET VALENTINE. we took the idea from secret santa and added our touch on it. It was perfect as we are all single. It was so much fun and i will definitely will be doing it next year because who am i kidding i will still be single. But it doesn’t matter because i am happy and i have amazing friends.
So, guys this was my month. Hope you guys enjoyed and i would love to hear all about your month. If you wrote a similar post i would love to check it out just leave me a link in the comments with your thoughts on my post. I love you all and thanks so much for reading. Have a great day , Byeeee 🙂
In this post i will talk about my month , how it was , things i achieved , my favorites and what made me smile . the reason i am starting this monthly series in my blog because i think it’s fun to read and also a little inspiring and that’s what my blog is mainly about . also i feel it would inspire me too also do stuff rather than staying in bed all day . I would love to hear you guys’s opinion on this and lets get right into it .
What I’ve been doing :
- Starting this blog : This month was really exciting as i finally decided to start my own blog , a place where i can aspire and inspire , where i can create and try to help others . That’s my main goal helping others but i also love to throw in some posts that are somewhat entertaining ( At least i think so ) . I would love if you guys checked my other posts and would really appreciate any feedback because every single one i meet is better than me somehow and that’s how i can learn and of course i would return the favor .
Traveling : This month was so fun and i was so lucky i got to travel twice . I got to go to Saudi-Arabia . I had so much fun there , did some damage at the mall , and i am afraid to step on the scale because of how much food i ate .The other place i went to was inside of my country I took a small trip to alexandria . i really love it there , i love the weather , the beach and the food . i had a blast there . And this was really refreshing and so needed especially after my exams and before returning back to school .
My favorites :
- Gossip girl : I have started watching it for the second time and i am almost done . I am currently watching the last season and omg i can’t wrap my mind about how amazing these series are . I love everything about it, the script , the place (New york is my favorite city) , the clothes and the characters . A moment of silent for Blair waldorf and chuck bass . Blair waldorf is my role model and chuck bass is my dream man and they together are GOALS . I also really love Serena , Nate , Dan and lily . And i don’t know if this is only me but blair waldorf really inspires me . Anyways great show . Definitely recommend watching it if you never did (Honestly i don’t know what you’re doing with your life by not watching gossip girl) . so, go watch it NOW .
- Sweat pants : I’ve been obsessed with sweatpants lately . I’ve been wearing them a lot , i am wearing one right now . They are just so comfortable plus i really love how they look on .
- Listening to old stories : Ever since i was a child , i loved listening to stories especially my Dad’s stories . where he tell us about his funny days in high school , his travels , his parents , life back then and his struggles . My dad is definitely is a great story teller . Listening to these stories is one of my favorite things to do and they truly make me happy and it keeps me wondering what my stories to my kids in the future would be like . I wish to become a great story teller just like my father
- Watching the sea during the sunset : 2 of my favorite things combined together , it was truly a heavenly scene to watch . Mother nature was really killing it .
So, guys this was My January . hope you guys enjoyed and got to know more about me . I would love to hear all about your month . Byeee guys and see you in my next post 🙂